Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Holy cow, it's only Tuesday

I went through most of my day thinking it was Wednesday. I'm not sure why that is, but I was really hoping the week was almost over. My big race is Sunday and I just feel like I want to get it done. All of the work is done and any running this week is all about keeping it "fresh and loose."  That's been most of my workout feedback over the last week - "fresh and loose." My legs felt fantastic after my last 8 miler and the pace was pretty spot on too. I've been studying the race course for all of the turns. I want to make all the tangents so I don't add extra mileage by taking wide turns. I don't have much wiggle room to make my goal time and every inch I can spare on pavement will be needed. I have also been eyeballing the weather. If it is going to be windy, I will have to make sure I duck behind someone as I run to shield me.

I can tell I'm getting a little restless and I want to run. The feeling I have is "let's get this started already." I am eager for a long run. I'm like a horse being led into the starting gate for the big race.


The other nice thing about the upcoming weekend is visiting with my cousins. The last time I saw them was at Michael's funeral and it wasn't the best of circumstances. Now I can sit down and relax and catch up. 

Sunday night the Wingman and I went out to dinner with our friends. We haven't seen them much because of my crazy work schedule lately, but now that my schedule is easing up we had a chance to get out and have a great dinner and get up to speed with how everyone's training and lives are going. I will be going full tilt into multisport mode next week and am eagerly awaiting it. Wingman and I have been outside for a few rides and I am chomping at the bit to really open it up on the road. The last couple of rides I had to hold it back so I don't ruin the taper. Needless to say Wingman wasn't happy when I had to draft off of him and not the other way around. He said he was going to tell Jen that she can't schedule workouts like that anymore. In reality, he has been riding a lot lately so he doesn't need to draft off of me anymore. 

Ugh, tomorrow is only Wednesday and it's my longest day of this week 9a-8p. After that the days get shorter and hopefully the weather gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment