Monday, July 6, 2009

Swearing like a sailor......part II

The other day I wrote about my string of flat tires. I still have not shaken my bad karma. I went out for a ride today and at the halfway point I hear this 'ticking' sound and then that sound I have become all too familiar with. So I pull over and it goes a little something like this:



Not only did I get a flat in my tube, I punctured the tire itself. I found the puncture and started yelling at the tire:



It was a nice argument but as always, I was on the losing end of it. I had a spare tube, but I don't carry a spare tire. So like the NY Lottery says "all you need is a dollar and a dream". I took a dollar bill, folded it up and put it between my new tube and the puncture mark in the tire. I filled up tube and was on my way home. No more swearing for me. Now I have to go get another tire so I can get my dollar back.

So for those keeping score it's: Flats 4, Susan 0

No comments:

Post a Comment