Saturday, July 11, 2009

Building back my Karma points

I am in the process of getting back some karma points after my recent rash of bad luck and flat tires. I might have turned the corner today.

I was out for a long run and was making my way down a busy street. I am always on the lookout for small animals to avoid an incident. So up the road I see two small four legged creatures making their way across the road but it looks odd for two small dogs to be out near this road. As I make my way closer, I see that it's two small Jack Russell dogs. They crossed the road away from the homes towards open fields. Now they want to come back. They attempted to come out into the road, but there are cars zipping by and swerving around. Normally I am a full believer in Darwinism (survival of the fittest), but I have a soft spot for dogs. At this point I stop running and walk out into traffic to stop the cars. This gives "the moron twins" a chance to cross back. They trotted back across and made their way back into the neighborhood and I got out of the road.

The rest of the run was uneventful, but I hope that the flat tire gods are going to be kind to me tomorrow as I have a 3 hr ride planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment