Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Red

On Saturday the call came in. My new shifters for my tri bike came in.





I am using the SRAM red groupset on my road bike and have been waiting for the new shifters to come out before upgrading my Cervelo tri bike. Of course since I was racing in Montauk on Sunday, I would have to wait until Monday to drop the bike off at Carl Hart. Needless to say I was at the bike shop Monday around the time they opened. I reviewed my crank length and size with them and the crank arms will have to be ordered and perhaps arrive today. I should get the bike back Thursday barring any delivery problems. Not a problem though as I can ride my road bike. My next tri isn't until late in August so I'm not worried about it.



Went out for a ride yesterday with the Wingman. He's getting his last few rides in before Sunday. He will be ripping up the West Side Highway for his part in our NYC tri relay. We've been watching the Tour de France every night on TV and now he says he will be "dancing" on the pedals this Sunday. He's learning all the cycling lingo from Paul Sherwen and Phil Liggett. I just told him to haul ass and take no prisoners. Even Len (runner) is focused. He told me "I got my eye on the prize now, no distractions." Look out folks, Team BAMF is coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment