Sunday, May 15, 2011

Damn you, humidity.....


That's pretty much what I looked like post-run today. In my earlier post I thought I would be stuck inside on the treadmill, but the weather cleared up enough that I could get out. As soon as I stepped out the door I knew I was in trouble. The air was so thick from the humidity that it was hard to breathe. I had my 10 mile route planned out and set out on my course. It consists of a 4 mile loop and then 3 miles out and 3 miles back back. By the time I hit the 4 mile mark I was soaked and my legs were heavy. Breakfast, which was eaten 3 hours prior to the run, was threatening to come up. 

My legs were moving, but I had no control over them. I begged them to go faster, but they would not listen. Someone must have snuck in last night and filled them with lead. The snap I had yesterday was gone. Vanished. Someone call 911, my speed was stolen!!!


There was nothing I could do. My workout goals went out the window and I figured just get the miles in as that was better than nothing. 

I made my way home and stood at the bottom of the driveway looking up. It's not much of a hill, but it took some encouragement to walk up it. I was done for the day. I stood with my hands on my hips staring at the house. I was worried my neighbors would come out and "put me down" if they saw what I looked like.


I'm feeling better now and I've been hydrating all afternoon. It's going to take a little time to catch up on fluids but I know I will sleep like a baby tonight. I'd better, tomorrow is a looooong day.



No comments:

Post a Comment