Sunday, April 11, 2010

"it's been a long, cold, lonely winter....."

Great words by George Harrison. For a while it seemed like my working weekends was never going to end. Today was the final day. I made a big push to get all the returns done that were sent in last minute. Wingman and I went in Friday evening and stayed until 11:30p, then worked all day Saturday and Sunday. Everything is done that needed to be done. And now I get my weekends back!! Next weekend I plan on getting out with the camera and take some photos. I am way overdue in updating my photo site. This morning my mother's client was a professional photographer. He saw samples of my work (I gave her a digital frame for her birthday filled with photo's I have taken) and gave me some nice compliments and ideas for future shots.

My sister brought in her dog today so I spent some time going upstairs to get Holly Yoda (I refuse to call the dog by her real name) riled up and then go back downstairs. I had to play nice though as she recently came back from the vet and still had the stitches. By the end of the day, the poor dog was pooped. You could see her energy levels were down. She stopped doing sprint laps around the desk. Sad thing is, I could relate to that. I had the same energy level as that dog.

Wingman and I made it home in time to see the end of the Masters on TV. It was nice to see Phil Mickelson win his 3rd green jacket. Last year he took some time off away from golf to be with his wife while she get treatment for breast cancer. Classy guy.

Now we're watching coverage of the Paris-Roubaix bike race. I am exhausted just watching it. These guys race over many sections of cobblestones. You can see how it jars their bodies as they ride over the stones. It must be so physically demanding to do this race. Unfortunately I am only half watching it. Late this afternoon my electro professor sent out the article we have to read for tomorrow and prepare for a discussion on it. So I have to get this thing read. Plus I have to prepare for my neuro practical later this week. But more importantly, I will be heading to sleep early tonight!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment