Saturday, September 26, 2009

This is how I feel


I woke up this morning at 3am and had to blow my nose. That does not happen normally. I also noticed my throat felt a little irritated. Took me 2 hours to get comfortable and go back to sleep. Not good. I was supposed to run today (8 miles) but I just wasn't up to it. I told Wingman that I think I am coming down with a cold. Time to commence "French Fry Therapy". There's nothing you can't cure with french fries!!


After breakfast we went to Target to pickup some cold medication. It is such an insult that the good stuff is kept behind the counter and you have to show ID and they log who is buying these meds. Come on, I am not a criminal, I am a woman with a cold. I just want some OTC stuff. It's not like I'm asking for a case of stuff, I just want one box. So I decide to get something that is available right on the shelf. We make our way over the cash register to pay and the cashier stuns me. She asks for ID. WTF?!?! I asked her why and they need to verify the buyers DOB. Well, if that's the case, why are they scanning my drivers license?!?! I pay quickly because I am this close to having some sort of problem. Next time I need cold meds, I will skip my local Big Brother Target. Damn meth addicts ruin it for everyone.

I spent the day on the couch reading for school and taking a cat nap. I wished Wingman good luck as he headed out the door for his run. I will try riding the bike on the trainer tomorrow while watching the Jets game. Since the Jets beat the Patriots last week, I can ditch my Jets uniform for a while. I am off from school on Monday so I will get my long run in then. I am loving the fact that this is a short week of school. Only 3 days and then Friday we leave for Virginia and the Army 10 Miler. Gotta feel better by then. I can't imagine flying with a cold. I guess the bright side is it's a short flight.

UPDATE:

Wingman to the rescue! He went to the supermarket to get me a few goodies to make me feel better. Good thing the 10 miler is coming up. I'll need a long run to work these off! (Note: the ice cream is a single serving size, not a pint. I'm not that much of a piggy!)



No comments:

Post a Comment