Thursday, September 10, 2009

Almost there

Tomorrow morning Wingman and I will be leaving for my race in Delaware. We'll pack the car with my stuff and head out. Before we go I have to print the turn by turn directions for the bike portion of the race. I can't help but think that the course may not be well marked and will have to plan for that. When we get to the hotel we'll check in and then go out and do some recon. There is a bridge that I will have to cross twice (out and back) and I want to check it out. Based on some internet pictures I found, I might be stopping halfway over to put my head between my knees if it's windy. I'm not scared of heights. I just hope this bridge has a nice high railing on the side.





Otherwise the course is flat so I hope to get through the bike portion smoothly. I hope to check out part of the run course as well. From what I had read about it, looks like some portions of it is packed gravel.

The only other issue I have is the Swim exit. There is a 1/4 mile run from the swim exit to T1. I plan on leaving a pair of sneakers (not my actual race sneakers) at the swim exit so I can wear them to run to T1 in. No way do I want to tear up the bottom of my feet that early in the race. The race organizers have a special spot for people to leave T1 sneakers so I'll take advantage of that.

And I have to plan my pre-race music mix. Something to get me fired up on race morning. A sample of my usual staple is:

"Sabotage" - The Beastie Boys
"Time is Running Out" - Apollo Four Forty
"Heroes" - David Bowie
"Faint" - Linkin Park
"Time Has Come Today" - The Ramones
"Superhero" - Jane's Addiction

There's more to it but I think you get the picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment