Sunday, July 6, 2008

Riding

Had a nice 3 day weekend to rest (and study).  It feels like it's been a while since I could sit and relax for a weekend. Almost the entire month of June I was traveling each weekend. Now I am home. Yipee!

Well, I got in some good riding in the last week. I have a great road bike that I got last year (Specialized Tarmac) and recently swapped out the groupset on it (shifters, derailleurs, brakes, shorter crank length, etc). I got a sweetheart of a deal from my local bike shop (Carl Hart) on SRAM Red components. What an upgrade! Of course my Wingman made out the best because he got my "hand-me-down" components (Dura-Ace/Ultegra mix) at no charge. Hmmm, where did I go wrong. Anyway, the benefit to me is I now have a great riding partner. In the past it was kind of lonely to ride by myself. Now he comes out with me and we can ride together. Definitely makes it easier to get out the door when someone is there with you.

My bike rides soooo much smoother now. Of course now I am in trouble because I will want to upgrade my tri bike, but that will have to wait until next year. Tuition comes first.

Finished my first week of school. I am only taking Anatomy at this time, and it is quite the class. Much more involved than when I took it two years ago. I am dreading the first test we have in two weeks. At least the teachers are great and give you quizzes that don't count so you can see where you are with your studying.

The first week we dissected the Thoracic region (front and back). I believe tomorrow we dive into the pleural cavity (lungs). Our cadaver is an 88 year old female that died of cardiac arrest and renal failure. From the looks of it, she had a few ribs broken where they attempted CPR. Overall though, she looks like she took care of herself. She does not have much body fat at all. Though she doesn't have much in terms of muscle bulk either. Reminds me, I gotta go lift some weights now............... 

No comments:

Post a Comment