Monday, March 7, 2011

It's an old Sicilian message.....

It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes

For almost two weeks now we've had a small mouse in the kitchen. We've tried various traps and techniques with no success. The mouse would eat the food off the traps without setting it off. Last night was the final straw. I was in the bedroom getting ready for bed when I saw something dart out and go under the chest of drawers. My heart started beating fast as I hopped up onto the bed (yes, I know, how brave of me). My excuse was I wanted a good vantage point to see if he came out from a different spot. Yeah, that's it. 

When Wingman came into the bedroom, he saw me standing and staring. I told him where Luca was and we barricaded him under the chest while Wingman went to get the traps. I stayed on the bed as a lookout. Wingman did a fine job setting up the area with traps. 

Around midnight Luca came out to eat and Wingman was awoken by the sound of the trap going off. I, unfortunately, slept through it. Never heard the trap go off. When I woke up this morning I saw that the trap went off and Luca was now "sleeping with the fishes."

I told Wingman we should put him in some newspaper and leave it in the garage as a message to his other friends. But for now, I can rest easy knowing our tormentor has been caught.


No comments:

Post a Comment