Friday, November 12, 2010

Well we all shine on.......

Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.....

Great words by John Lennon. Today was a good day. I woke up without the assistance of an alarm clock and read in bed a little bit. I have no classes on Friday so I get to ease into the day on my own terms. When I was ready, I hopped out of bed and put on some running clothes. I had an easy 3 mile taper run on the schedule. I went down the road and came back. Before I knew it the run was over. What?!? I wanted to keep going, but I knew better and want to be sure I go into my PR effort on Sunday with fresh, rested legs. Last thing I want to do is leave my best race out on the training grounds.

The last tune on my iPod was "And Your Bird Can Sing" by The Beatles. Probably my favorite Beatles tune. It's such a large catalog that it makes it hard to call one a favorite. But what a way to end a good run.



After the run I showered and went to Target to do a little food shopping. When I got into the car, "Instant Karma" was on the radio.



What a good day this was turning into. And to add to my good fortune, it was over 60 degrees today. Bonus!!

I came back and did some reading for school before heading out for my haircut. Then I tempted fate and went to the bike shop. Unsupervised. I had to pickup some shotblocks and it's always dicey when I go alone. When Darren asked me if there was anything else I needed, I really wanted to say "Specialized Transition" but I quickly blurted out "NO" and then ran out the door. Sobbing. Wynn promises me there is a support group for this problem. I think I may be joining very soon. Seriously, you can never be too rich, too good looking, or own too many bikes.

"Hello my name s Wingnut and I'm a bike-a-holic........."

No comments:

Post a Comment