Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The hay is in the barn

My big race is in a few days. This will be the 3rd year we've gone down to Arlington for it. I like the distance - not too long, not too short. The extra bonus is they moved the race this year 3 weeks later than previous years. This buys me extra time to recover from my half ironman race and better prepare for the 10 miler. All the work is done, the hay is in the barn. Now is the delicate process of not burning it down. I've done some hard work over the last month to put myself in a place to have a great race. The weather looks good, my shoes are broken in, and the clothes are ready. I can't control what happens on the course, but I will make the best of the day. I have received a lot of donations from sponsors for my "Run for Michael" campaign. Thank you to everyone that pledge money or made a donation already.

I went out Sunday for a run with Teresa as she prepares for her first marathon. She had a 16 miler on her calendar so I joined her for the final 8. The run was along Dune Rd in Westhampton. I was a little hesitant to run straight out and back, but the time flew by and I didn't even notice the distance. We were too busy yapping and picking out which home we wanted. After the run we all went out for breakfast. Then it was home to study.

Tomorrow night I have to pack for the trip. Basically I will be camped out in the hotel room studying for a midterm and practical that I have to take when I get back to school. We'll hit the race expo on Friday and pickup our numbers and see what good free stuff there is. Then it's back to the books and I will practice on the Wingman for my exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment