Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Taper.......

Less than a week to the big race. Oddly enough I feel calm going into it. My new sneakers arrived yesterday and I'll do all of my running this week in them to break them in. They are the same exact pair I've been wearing so it's just a matter of breaking them in a little. Shouldn't be a problem.

I spent a good part of the afternoon taking more photos. I've been looking through a few photo books, but the only way to really learn is to get out there and take tons of pictures. The nice thing about the digital camera is you can go wild. Yesterday I took ~200 photos. I didn't even realize it. Today I took ~120. I also purchased a 1TB external hard drive to store the photos on. The photos I take are large in file size and I don't want to eat up my system's hard drive. Wynn has been giving me some good feedback on my pictures. I have a lot to learn, but at least I have this month to practice. I can't wait until spring when there are more colors available in nature. Right now everything is covered in dirty snow.

Wingman and I got a nice deal today on a TV for the basement. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Once we get that setup, we'll have to contact our training buddies (Wynn, Teresa, Ian, Joan) to setup a 'trainerpalooza' session after we get back from the marathon. I need to visit this website next so we all stay comfortable down there.

And on a final note, I did a successful upgrade last night of my Mac OS. I went from 'Tiger' to 'Snow Leopard' and was able to upgrade to iLife '09. Now my HD camcorder will work easier on the Mac. There was no Mac software for it and the previous version of iLife did not recognize the camera. I had to run Parallels so I could run Windows so I could run the camera's software. Not anymore. Boo Windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment