Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bike Riding

"I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like" - Queen

All day at work today I kept thinking about the bike ride I was going to take when I got home. Well, 4p rolls around and I am leaving work, but instead of being full of energy and excitement about riding, I was exhausted. I drove home hoping that would change, but no. Got home, hit the recliner and took a quick nap. 20 minutes later I woke up and changed. I figured I had ~1 to 1.5 hours to get a decent ride in. So I grabbed the road bike and went out. From the moment I clipped in, I felt great. It's amazing how quickly your mood can change. I took my usual route and figured I would do ~18 miles today, focusing on my pedaling/spinning (think - "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town") . I was flying the whole way out and back. I probably could have gone longer tonight, but I wanted to be sure I was home before dusk (I have no riding lights). When I did get home, I was starving. Made a quick dinner and then had to do some food shopping.

The weather was perfect. The last few days we had some wicked heat, but it broke last night and I could not ask for better weather to ride in. No wind and perfect temps. I woke up early yesterday to run 4 miles before it got too hot, but no such luck. it was hot and humid. Tomorrow I will get up early again and get out for some more running.

Tomorrow night, the Wingman comes home!!! He's been away for almost a week and before he left for his trip, I was away. So, it's been ~1 1/2 weeks since we really spent much time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment